Friday, January 3, 2014

Thrifty Thursday (A Day Late...)

So I procrastinated...a bit.  But instead of just not making my post like I normally would do, I decided better late than never!. 

This year marks the start of several new themes, and here is the first one.  Every other Thursday here at Twenty-Five Plus will now be Thrifty Thursday. A day to post ideas on saving money here and there and making a more efficient and profitable home.

This week I'd like to talk about small savings goals. This last Christmas season I found myself scrounging for extra cash to purchase Christmas presents.  As is the case every year, the holidays just kind of snuck up on me.  So this year I will be prepared.  I stumbled across this savings goal over at Life as You Live It and decided this year would be a great one to give it a whirl. 



52 Week Savings Challenge
 
 
For every week of the year, you deposit the corresponding dollar amount into a jar.  Then, after 52 weeks you have saved $1,378 - plenty enough to get Christmas shopping done for all your friends and family! So go ahead - give it a try, what's a couple dollars a week?
 
Special thanks to Life As You Live It for the photo.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment