Thursday, July 18, 2013

Only Child No More

You know my new favorite part about my upcoming nuptials, ranking just below spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams but just above getting dressed up to look like a real live princess? I found out this weekend that I will be gaining a sister shortly after!! My future brother-in-law finally asked his girlfriend to marry him!!
This is by far the best news I've heard in awhile. I'm not sure how many of you know what it's like growing up as an only child, but only those that have will understand. Being without siblings sounds like a blessing to most people, undivided attention, unending gifts, constant praise... But no one sees the lonely days. The days we spend playing Monopoly or Uno alone, the days we spend our prayer time begging God to "Please just let my friend be home today..." So that you can have someone to play with. The days you watch your friends fight with their siblings in envy as they steal each others clothes and argue over who's turn it is on the phone.
20130716-231647.jpg 
It may be 26 years after I'd liked, but God is blessing me with a sister, I know He was just waiting for a time when I would appreciate her the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment