Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekend Movie Night - Schindler's List

Well - our local movie rental place has closed.  Red Box is all that we have left in our area, which is quite a disappointment since most of the movies we rent on the weekends are older movies that have probably never seen the inside of a Red Box...

This weekend we stumbled across a movie on the history channel that Jeffery felt needed to be added to my "scene it" list.  He was, as usual, shocked when he heard me say I hadn't seen the movie, let along heard of it, and seeing as just last week I was bragging about my fascination with the Holocaust in my history classes when I was younger, it kind of contradicted the point I was trying to make.


Nonetheless, we recorded and watched Schindler's List directed by Steven Spielberg.  First, did anyone else realize Liam Neeson is in this movie?! This must have been his much earlier acting years, but it was nice to see a familiar face. In my own opinion, this movie was really great, not only was it informative and thought-provoking, but it pulled at those heart strings.  It showed what truly happened, without being over-the-top gruesome.  I have to admit, there were some moments when I closed my eyes, but one of my personal struggles is excepting death as a fact of life, and death on TV is no exception.  But all-in-all this movie gets an A- from me. It may even be closer to an A, but due to the length of the movie, and the blah mood that I was already in when starting the movie, it is getting a lower grade (this is why I couldn't be a teacher!).

No comments:

Post a Comment