Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Gear Tuesday

Okay, let me start this off by saying, yes...I am a car girl but no...I don't claim to know everything about them.  But in all seriousness, Top Gear has steadily become one of my top TV shows every week - and did anyone happen to catch tonight's episode?


Tonight on Top Gear, Tanner, Adam, and Rutledge were given the challenge of finding the best "Taxi Cab".  As usual each chose a vehicle matching their character almost to a T, Adam and his, always bizarre  choice of automobiles... chose an ambulance.  Rutledge, with his love for "classic" southern style, chose the El Camino and of course, Tanner chose the turbo charged Scion...how else would he get his passengers drifting around corners??

Rutledge and his El Camino were a big hit in our household.  Not only is it a muscle car classic - to some degree - it is also the car that is taking up a full spot in our garage!  El Caminos show true American Muscle, I mean...after the Camaro, and the Corvette, and the Trans AM, well, maybe 5th or 6th down on the list of American Muscle, but still there none the less!


Adam - I rarely have much to say about his choices each week.  He never chooses a car I would even consider myself, and he plays the "old man" character quite well through his choices.  Though I must say tonight he showed a new side, with a Party Ambulance to Taxi passengers across Las Vegas, how could you go wrong?

And Tanner - what can I say - He is the only reason I love the show like I do. His constant great choices in cars (besides the occasional rice burner...) and his always fun launches, show the sexy side of cars and driving that I fell in love with.

But the BEST part of tonight's episode, Tanner Foust driving a brand new McLaren MP4-12C side by side with Carl Edwards in the 99 Ford Sprint Cup Car. Tanner is an amazingly skilled driver, and really held his own on the circle track, where Edwards obviously had the home advantage. Every week I start off slightly disappointed that the winner is quite predictable when driving a racing car is the prize, but by the end of the night, I wouldn't want to see anyone else driving it.  Ending yet another Tuesday night with the combination of beauty and speed on my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment