Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Country Life

I'm not sure how many people know this tiny little secret about me... But I'm a city girl. Yea, real shocker. Here's another... I'm a little over 2 weeks away from marrying a full fledged country boy. And what does this mean for this little city girl you ask? It means a drastic lifestyle change is coming, and it's coming at me like a freight train... Or maybe a stampeding herd of cows...yea, that's it. 
 

So I will start off my first of many more Country Lessons Learned posts by explaining very briefly my new found fear of spiders. 

Now don't get me wrong, being from the city, I've always had a dislike for 8 legged crawling creatures. But I had no idea until recently just how many there are and how sneaky they can be! In the city I might see 3...4 spiders tops per year. I've seen well over 20, 30, maybe 40 spiders since moving to the country - just a couple months ago. And in the city, they walk around out in the open on the floor, in the country, they hide in corners, under piles of clothes, in the shower, under toilet lids, in...my...bed. 

So my city girl dislike for spiders has grown to a country girl deathly FEAR of spiders. Screaming night terrors and all.

Welcome to the country my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment