Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - 10 Weeks and Counting

73 Days to go!!

This week we were finally able to get a lot accomplished!  Over the weekend we went and picked out the tuxedos, vest and tie colors, style, shoes, etc.  I learned a lot about tuxedos and the general male hatred for them.  I have to give it to men, as women we complain a lot about the heals we have to wear, but at least we can wear a dress and feel cool in the summer. I couldn't image wearing a full tuxedo with coat in the 100+ degree weather of the Oklahoma summer!

Side note: Our meteorologists have said a couple of times this week that it will be 98 degrees as a high but it will feel like 106.... can anyone really tell the difference?  Sure if its in the 80's and it feels like the 90's, I understand voicing that, but who walks outside when its in the upper 90's and says, man it feels like its in the hundreds today?  Okay side note over...

I also finalized my invitation order this week.  This was such a relief - they are beautiful and elegant and just absolutely perfect.  I couldn't be happier with them!  Here's a sneak peak!

(Terrible image quality - I know)

I was also able to stop by the hotel this week and get a block of rooms with group rate together for our out-of-town guests.  This is something I honestly hadn't thought of, so glad my hubby-to-be is on top of things!

With those two big items out of the way along with the hotel chosen, I am feeling more comfortable. We still need to decide on the groom's cake (what it will look like and who will make it), we need to pick out usher attire, shoes style for the girls, food that will be served as snacks, and so many more tiny details!

1 comment: