Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Simple Salad Dressing

For the #Elf4Health Challenge today we were challenged to make our own dressing for our salad.  I made this one really quick at home Sunday night and put it in a small container to use for the rest of the week.  I've always been a ranch eater, really, ranch is like ketchup for Jeff and I (one of the reasons we deemed the 1st date a success was because we both ordered extra extra ranch with our meals) so for me to try a vinegar based dressing is a big deal... but to be honest, I didn't want to try a ranch recipe and disappoint myself :)  This dressing is very potent, so use sparingly!
Simple Salad Dressing
Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
Instructions
Just combine ingredients and shake well before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment