Thursday, September 6, 2012

Family

On this Thankful Thursday I am caught up in thoughts of what a blessing it is to have the family that I do. God has blessed me with a family that is closer than most.

There are only 9 of us - thats right, only 9. My parents and I (I am an only child), my dad's brother (+wife and 2 kids), and my grandparents. That's it! But I could never imagine my family any different. Growing up I was the only child until I was 10 - when my beautiful cousin Maegan was born. Until then - I grew up with basically two sets of parents and a part-time older brother (my uncle). To this day it still amazes me how our family drops everything when one of us is in trouble or in need.


I always wished for a sister, so growing up I always wished Maegan and I were closer in age. But now that we are getting older and she is growing into a young woman, we have started spending more time together and finally getting to really know each other - and that is what I'm truly thankful for! Family is everything.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment