Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pot Roast Recipe

Well - the weather here in Oklahoma has finally started to cool off a little and the rain has arrived for the fall season.  What better meal to have than crock pot - pot roast?!  Because I was running low on food to take to work with me for lunch - I decided to start a roast before I went to bed in order for it to be ready to take to work with me in the morning.

Homemade Pot Roast


3 to 4 pound Roast Beef or Round Steak
Salt and Pepper
1 small Onion, chopped
1 package Brown Gravy Mix
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Ketchup
2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Place roast in crock pot. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.  Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat.  Add any veggies on top that you like - I added red new potatoes cut into quarters and baby carrots.  Then add water until everything is just covered. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
When I woke up the aroma was beautiful and the meat litterally just fell apart with the touch of a fork- this is a great meal for any cool, wet afternoon or evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment