Sunday, December 2, 2012

Project Reflect 2012 - It Happened For A Reason


Only two days in and Project Reflect already has me thinking way back into my year to reflect on!  Here is the prompt for Day 2:



December 2: It Happened for a Reason

Different things happen for different reasons. Some of them happen to make us stronger, and some happen to make us better people. Describe one thing that happened this year that challenged you to be a better, stronger person, against all odds. How did this affect you emotionally?

Have you ever made plans, only to have them changed on you last minute?  Have you ever planned out your future only to realize God had something bigger and better in plan?  Well, combine those two thoughts and that explains my year.  I had a great detailed plan for life, down to the detail of how each month would go in my personal, educational, work, and financial life.  Then one day it was all turned upside down, everything I thought I was going to do was put on hold, or had gone away completely.  Honestly, I took it terribly, one of those moments where you have to call your mom because only she will understand the craziness coming from your mind in those moments.  But as mom's do, she talked me through each feeling, and she calmed me down.  She helped me see the "Everything happens for a reason" motto that is a picture frame worthy phrase in our family.

I have already learned some of the "reasons" why those things happened.  Had I been busy with the plans I had set in place, other parts of my life would surely be suffering.  Because my plans were changed, I was able to spend the rest of this year focusing on those personal relationships that are important to me, knowing I could carry on with my plans when the right time came.

"Everything happens for a reason" can be a hard lesson to learn, does your family have a motto?

Is there anything that has happened (or not happened) in your life that ended up being for the better?

No comments:

Post a Comment