Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crock Pot Chili

I made this recipe during the first cooler weekend of fall this year.  Growing up I was not a tremendous fan of chili - I really couldn't even stand the smell of it.  But when my sweetie pie boyfriend specifically requested it, I couldn't help but accept the challenge.

As a semi-relevant side note...I am a HUGE fan of the Pioneer Woman.  Although she is from Northern Oklahoma whereas I am from South Central Oklahoma, I still feel like we have the world in common...well, except that she lives on a ranch and I live in the city... and she is a fabulous chef, whereas I am learning to no longer cook from a box.... But we both like cowboys... we do have that in common ;)

Anywho...this recipe was adopted and adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Crock Pot Chili
Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can rotel
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp salt
1 can kidney beans
Instructions
1. Brown ground beef (or turkey) on stove top, drain the grease then dump into crock pot.
2. Add the remaining ingredients into the crock pot (make sure to rinse the kidney beans).
3. Add 1/2 cup of water to the crock pot.
4. Stir...
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
I forgot to mention this may be the easiest recipe I've ever made... (yes, even easier then hamburger helper!)  Enjoy!
What are your favorite fall recipes?
Is chili a staple cold weather meal in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment