Friday, January 9, 2015

Gone Country

A little over a year ago I married God's match for me - I'm sure there was some laughter when He put us together.  A country boy, from small town America, would marry a city girl.
 
Let's rewind a bit.
 
I grew up in a suburban neighborhood in central Oklahoma.  To anyone from this state, I am considered a city girl.  Not city to say, New York standards, but city nonetheless.  There was a yard, neighborhood kids, large public schools, traffic, you name it.  I didn't have to go further than a mile from my house for anything I could possibly need. 
 
Fast forward to today.
 
I live in a ranch style farmhouse on the outskirts of a small town just east of "the city".  We have 5 acres, deer that frequent our back yard, we can't see our closest neighbors, and traffic.. only when a school bus or a tractor holds up the main road into town.  Oh - and I have to travel 30 minutes to the closest anything.
 
Welcome to the country!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE living in the country. We aren't as far out into the country as you guys are but we love it as well. Our property backs up to a state park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful! It's something I never thought I would experience, but country life is becoming a new favorite of mine, all of the animals that frequent our backyard makes it a million times more great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post.Thanks for sharing this message.Really,Your blog is not only instructive but useful too.

    _____________________
    Washington dc dog trainers

    ReplyDelete


  4. mice to thrive. These pests often infiltrate homes and set up camp in wall cavities and roofs. They can wreak havoc on your property as they chew through structures and furniture in hopes of locating food and sites for nesting. Their droppings can also cause myriad health problems. If you live close to restaurants or any other businesses related to food, you should be particularly wary of rat infestations. Flicks Adelaide's pest control team inspects homes for rats and mice. We also supply commercial rodent control solutions suited to restaurants and similar businesses. شركة غسيل مكيفات بالرياض شركة اصلاح مكيفات بالرياض شركة فك و تركيب مكيفات بالرياض شركة صيانه مكيفات بالرياض شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete